PCP Business Group
About the PCP Business Group
The PCP Business Group was formed during Spring 2008 in recognition that although businesses form an integral part of the community, they perform a particular role in supporting economic prosperity and have a particular set of associated issues not always appropriate for wider community debate in full Partnership meetings.
The aim of the group is to provide a forum for businesses to network, to identify issues of common interest or concern and to identify ways of making positive progress. As the group develops it is possible that the group may wish to develop and take on actions to address such issues.
PCP Business Breakfasts
The chosen forum for Portland businesses to come together is the Business Breakfast. These are informal events at which debate and ideas are encouraged. They are held on a weekday morning at 07:00/7.30 and end at 9.00am at a range of venues on Portland. The breakfasts are not subsidised but competitively priced around £5, payable on arrival.
How to Join the Business Group
The PCP Business Group is open to all business from one-man firms upwards that use Portland as a base for operations in any form including local subsidiaries or divisions.
Any business can join by coming to a business breakfast. All you need to do is register your interest on this short form and we will contact you via email to let you know the date of the next meeting and the agenda.
If you would like to have the opportunity at a future meeting to tell Portland your good news contact Angie Mustill on 01035 821361 or email email@example.com
Menu of PCP Business Group Themes
• An opportunity for Business to support Portland
• Networking amongst a mix of businesses
• Being proactive
• Connecting businesses and community
• Non-political force for change
• Share experience
• Improve the built environment
• Improve the image of Portland
• Raise people’s expectations and attitudes
• Fundraising for business benefit
• Brand building Portland the Place
• Island businesses sector profile raise and promotion
• Look after Portlanders’ interests
• Major project support eg: Fortuneswell Gateway
• Single voice
• Partnership development
• Input to community
• Encourage visitors and attractions
• Pride in Portland
• Educating about Portland
• Control over our own future
• Cohesion between community and business
• Collective business voice for Portland
• Spread Good News Stories
Weymouth & Portland Borough Council Role
WPBC are supporting the PCP group in the context of their Corporate Priority to promote improvement in the Local Economy.